Does your Barrel Horse Bleed?
BVEH is offering no cost diagnostics and treatment
Brazos Valley Equine Hospital in Salado is conducting a trial for a new treatment for EIPH. This treatment has been successful on the racetrack, but has not been used in barrel racing horses.
- Horses must be seen within 3 days of a known or suspected bleeding incident during a run.
- Will receive a scope at no charge
- IF bleeding is confirmed and no other causes are present on scope, the horse will have a BAL performed following the treatment
- The horse must make another run 2 to 3 weeks later and return within 3 days of the run for follow up scope, BAL, and treatment
- The horse will be followed over the following 3 months for incidence of bleeding
If Interested, please call and make an appointment with receptionist at 254-947-1292. Make sure to mention Dr. Whitaker's EIPH Trial
You can also submit this form below.